Posted by Bee & John on November 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM
This is yet another of Annabel Langbein's recipes (Saturday's on ABC at 6) - this sounded so good I just HAD to try it!!
In the TMX bowl, put...
- 1/2 head of garlic, peeled
- 4 large red chillies
- To make it less hot....
- de seed and pith the chillis for less heat
- swap half a large deseeded red capsicum for 2 of the chillies
- 3cm of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaves - deveined
- 1 limes, quartered
Blitz these on 9 until smooth, about 1 min
- 310gm of sugar
- 125gm of water
- 125gm of rice wine vinegar (I used just white wine vinegar)
- 2 tbls of fish sauce
- 1 tbs of soy sauce
Cook this on 100oC, speed 2, for 10 minutes - the mixture needs to reduce by third, so take the MC off.
Pour into sterilised jars.
HINT: this can be doubled - cooking time is then 15-20 minutes
HINT: coat chicken wings and cook for spicy wings
HINT: use as a dipping sauce (Mine is quite thick now, I'd add a tinsey bit of boiling water to make it a little runnier)