Posted by Bee & John on November 4, 2013 at 5:10 PM
My friend of many years (and very recent new Thermomix owner) gave me this recipe more years ago than I would like to admit to :-)
While you CAN make the puff pastry in the Thermomix, and grate the cheese in the thermy, it isn't really a thermy one so you can do this even if your thermy is at home and you're out somewhere.
They are DELICIOUS, super quick and absolutely moreish.... enjoy!!
Jan's Party Pleasers
First, switch on your oven as it needs to be HOT (220oC-250oC)
- 2 patty pan tins with 12 "holes"
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- 125g edam grated cheese
- 125 chopped ham
- 3 tablespoons of cream
- 1 teaspoon french mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- dash salt and pepper
- cut each pastry sheet into 9 squares and place each one into a patty pan "hole" - You might have a few squares left over, but that size is perfect!!
- (I cut out a small circle of baking paper for underneath so it comes out easy)
- Put all the other ingredients into a bowl and stir
- put ONLY 1 teaspoon of the mixture into the puff pastry. Do not be tempted to go more
- Cook each tray in your hot oven for 10 minutes or until the corners and lovely and brown
- Leave in the pan for a few minutes before taking out and resting on a rack until cool.... or serve them hot
So that's it! Nothing to it and I nearly ALWAYS double the recipe! You will want to too!. They are FANTASTIC hot, even better than cold, but as they are magnificent cold, don't worry about serving them cold as EVERYONE loves them and it saves you being a slave to the oven!
- 125g edam grated cheese
- ANY cheese is nice with this! I have used tasty, smoked, mozzerella.....
- 125 chopped ham - replace with....
- 60g of Procuttio chopped VERY fine! or:
- smoked salmon or chicken, chopped very fine
- finely chopped swiss brown mushrooms
- finely chopped capsicum (best with mozzerella cheese)
- 1 teaspoon french mustard - replace with any mustard (I like seeded)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley; replace with
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!
The first photo shows the three stages of the party pleasers... the second photo shows our meal of last night.
Earlier in the year we lost my lovely Mother-in-law but we have continued her "come around to dinner" once a fortnight. My wonderful Father in lawand I have a great deal going.... He tidies HIS house, I bring the food and the family meet to eat, twice a month! A great family evening.
So what is here? Mini buttermilk bread rolls, party pleasers, Caramilsed Onion and Mushroom Tartlets (recipe here
), Mini Mederterranian Meatballs (from the meat on the Menu cookbook) and an intriguing "sweet and sour" meatball recipe without vinegar or pineapple. (were delicious... now I've tried it the way the recipe said, I'll find a way to convert to thermomix :-)) and then we finished it off with Lemon Slice, in the thermomix of course.