Posted by Bee & John on October 31, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Well... the journey John and i are on (the 5/2 diet) seems to be working well (3 kilos off for me in 3 kilos - john "isn't counting" but things are looser)... and what's more John is even more into it than me which is great for my morale!
John is home this week after hernia surgery and he is disgustingly healthy... although moving slower than normal (not mentally you understand!!). But... the good thing is, that he has had plenty of time for cooking and recipe hunting and he has been making the meals the last few days.
Yesterday was one of our "fasting" days and he whipped up this little beauty of a recipe!!! He is particularly enamoured with this website (http://www.52recipes.co.uk) and got the recipe from there... but has tricked it up a bit, so here is his tricked up recipe.
It's only 180calories per 500g serve with the extra bacon and mushrooms.... only 100 calories without!
Bacon and Mushroom Soup
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 menium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 parsnip
- 1 medium potato
- 1 carrot
- 250g mushrooms (we used Swiss Brown)
- 1 teaspoon of soy
- 200ml of white wine
- 1 litre of water
- 1 tablespoon of concentrated stock paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- (Optional - To serve PER PERSON)
- 1 slice of pacon
- 100g (extra) of mushrooms - sliced
- Add the onion and garlic to the TM bowl and chop on speed 6 for 6 seconds
- scrape down
- Add oil
- Sautee for 3 minutes on 100oC - speed 1
- Roughly chop Potato, carrot and parsnip and add to the TM bowl. Chop on speed 4 for 5 seconds
- scrape down.
- Sweat on speed 2 on 90oC for 2 minutes
- add salt and pepper (don't be shy with the pepper!)
- While that is "sweating", slice 250g of mushrooms (the old fashioned way with a knife and chopping board)
- add to TM bowl with all the liquid ingredients (including stock)
- Cook on speed 2, at 100oC for 30 minutes
- While it is cooking... pan fry the bacon. Remove bacon and place bacon on paper towelling. Remove ALMOST all of the bacon fat - saute the extra sliced mushrooms
- Blend on speed 9 for 1 minute (or less for a slighly chunkier soup)
- Add extra mushrooms and the bacon
The picture shows the soup with the mushies first, then the bacon added. There's only about 350g of soup in the bowls... so there was still another 150g to eat for the meagre calories it has!!