My Bread Book
Yup - they are for sale $12 plus postage. 60 pages of good information and great recipes!
The main reason I wrote this booklet is to provide some information ABOUT making bread. Lets face it, bread isn’t hard – especially with a Thermomix – flour, liquid, yeast, knead, rise, cook then eat! Get the right ingredients, follow the recipe, bake at the right temperature – you get bread. However, somewhere along the line the basics about bread have been lost.
I had never made bread before owning my Thermomix – and when I was seeking answers to some of my questions – I just couldn’t find any! So I researched, tested, tried and worked – and then made my own resource. I hope I can provide answers to some common bread questions. Questions like… can I put my dough in the fridge? what if I'm not ready to cook my bread in an hour, can I let it sit for longer? isn’t salt bad for you? My dough is sticky! I want crusty bread! I want to grind my own grains – what do I use and why. I want my bread to be really LIGHT and fluffy. Can I use less yeast?
This booklet is intended as a guide only and I hope it can provide you with some ideas and encourages you to stretch your imagination when you are thinking of baking some bread. Using three basic bread recipes, I have provided many different ideas for you to easily use to make your bread special. Recipe ideas are at the back of the booklet.
- Why bake your own bread?
- What flour and why
- What is baker’s flour and why use it?
- Commercial flours or grind your own?
- Whole meal flours
- Should you use a bread improver?
- Grinding your own flours
- Rising Agents
- Commercial Yeast
- Sour Dough / Leven
- Proving your bread
- What is proving?
- How do I prove bread dough
- Why roll it in a ball to prove?
- What to put the dough in to prove it?
- Punching the dough down. Am I guilty of Dough Abuse?
- What is the best way to tin a bread
- What are any likely problems when proving dough
- How do I know when my dough has proved
- How many times do I need to prove my bread
- Bread Textures
- Tang Zhong method for soft bread
- Pick 'n Mix for the Dough!
- Important information for the following recipes
- Bread Shapes and Methods
- Bread Shapes
- Bread Glazes and Toppings
And then? RECIPES! While I am no chef or recipe designer, I have included many variations for just the basic bread recipe and the basic brioche recipe - then lots of others including the cinnamon stack - FAB!!
Buying the book -
- Cost of my bread book "All Bread Kneads is a Thermomix" book is $12 plus $2.50 postage = $12.50
- BTW - Cost of the "Scents and Centsability" book is $20, with $3 postage = $23
- BOTH book saves you money! Both books cost $35 mailed anywhere in Australia
I really hope you enjoy the books as much as I did writing them!
Want to buy one or both? then....
- Deposit the money into my account
- Bank: BankSA
- Name: Bernadine Keough
- BSB: 105 121
- Acc: 082 366 040
- USE YOUR SURNAME IN THE REFERENCE SECTION so I know who has paid
- Send me an email on : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let me know you have put money into my account
- SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS - fairly important if you want me to mail it